Once Upon a Time in Online Gambling
In a world were everything is possible, how did gambling became the talk of the town? Easy money. One day millionaires.
Casino on Net is one of the earliest online casinos. It was established in 2001-2002 and licensed in 2003. Before gambling was made illegal on the Internet, this online casino was a trend in the industry. But in 2006 the court ruled that the online casino and the other prior gambling sites are legal, and people can gamble online again.
First online casinos were equipments put up by small companies. When these companies grew enough, they invested in larger and larger online casinos, which led to the current situation: Online gambling is growing continuously, simultaneously with the development of the Internet.
There is nothing like surprises about the new trend, Everyone expected that online gambling would be more or less connected to the conventional casinos. So everything was okay, because no one imagined that the Internet would offer software, services, and players as good as those equipments traditionally offered in the places where they were based.
This is also the case with online casinos, as the software and services company invests heavily in research and standards, leaving no stone unturned to make the players and their experience better.
The real question is: Until what will the people still do things the old way, will they throw everything at the internet?
Some statistics on online gamblers
- To what extent people are still gambling the old way, we can safely say that this is a small percentage of the total people that are involved in online gambling.
- The majority of the people that play online are under the age of 34. Most of them live in the US, and the UK is not their native country.
- The majority of those that play online are female.
- The majority of those that play online bingo are between the ages of 25 and 44.
- Only 5% of those that play online bingo are between the ages of 16 and 24, and the rest are between the ages of 45 and 59.
- Only 5% of those that play online bingo admit to have spent more than $100 in gambling in the previous year.
- From the answers given in the previous questions, you can interpretation that over half of those who play online bingo are addicted to the activity.
Even more revealing than the number of addicted people is the fact that even those who play less serious gambling related activities are finding themselves visiting online gambling websites. One possible explanation for this could be the easy access to online gambling sites, 24/7 access to the variety of online casinos, and the promotion offered by online casinos.
One thing is for sure, those who visit online Dewalive websites are there because of the promise of easy money, and nothing else. If they had any other reason they wouldn’t be gambling in the first place. The only thing possible explanation for their involvement is that they love to see other people happy, and sad or satisfied, feeling good or feeling sad.
Given this few observations, one can only conclude that online gambling will continue to grow until all there is left of it is a multitude of anonymous cents in the pockets of peoples’ blogs.